17 miles on the day. KZ joined me for some of this on the bike. As I started (8:30 pace), I felt hot and sluggish. After KZ peeled off I started to open a bit and the miles started clicking around 8. A bit of cloud cover and I was suddenly feeling very good and and easy 7:45 pace. Finished off averaging 8:03ish for the 17, and feeling pretty good.
100 miles on the week. Yeah, that was a bit of a goal … just wanted to see if I could get a disciplined week in. More than half of it came in the last couple of days (54 Friday-today), but I feel no worse for wear and was actually clicking sub 7 at the tail of today’s run with little effort, and without a heavy legged feeling. Vertical is lacking but it was nice to get a solid week in, even with the travel – it has been a while since I have done that. In fact, I sort of enjoyed the “burden” of “chasing the numbers” at the tail of the week. Plus it makes you sort of beer proof.
Back to GA tomorrow and then NE over the weekend, so another test I guess. At least it will be hot.
If your coming to back to southeast this week, hot will not be a problem - low 90's. The humidity will be fairly low, by our standards at least, so at least 92 will feel like 92 - not 102.
ReplyDelete