Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday 030112

Well, I registered for something today. I debated about holding off on that, but it is time to get thinking about thinking about being serious, ;)

SOS is pretty worked up about the so called 10000 rule. It is an interesting read, but I am not sure how Ericsson can come to the conclusion that 10000 of practice dictates excellence in endurance sport. I intend to listen to the podcast.

I decided to check my form on the pull up rows … I am rolling my hips too much.

13 comments:

  1. It seems clear that ericsson never spent much time participating in athletics. No matter how hard I train I will never be a top runner. Just like no matter how much I stretch I will never get any tall its basic genetics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! Now you can't continue with your I might do this, or may be that, oh and this sounds fun too, blah blah blah ;)

    Since, you asked. I am doing Salida, MMT100 in May, Golden Gate 50k, and HR. I am sure something in the fall as well but undecided. Maybe Bear or RRR100, and perhaps a return to the track...

    Looks like you fixed the comment thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure I am excellent at sleeping after my 10,000 hours of dedicated practice. I'll at least give him that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't say that and then not tells us what you're registered for!!! Spill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, I bet it is three words and the first two start with a P ... http://www.pikespeakmarathon.org/regstats/2012/ppm_alf.htm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Make that all 12 of us so far. Trying to intimidate the PPM competition with the vid? Then again, I'll bet each of my twins weigh as much of those dumbbells....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I could be there in August!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jim - school interfering?

    JV - I need all the intimidation I can get over ya.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wife...
    We need to figure out how to get the entire family there so I can introduce my little CC team to the mountain. A few of us from the area have been toying with the idea of going out and running the PPM course on our own. That sounds like a lot of fun without all the pressure that race weekend brings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jim - what if there was a 24 hour event on a treadmill in Manitou Springs?

    Seriously, if you come out - let me know.

    ReplyDelete