Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday 032712

AM – Green Mountain.  Baseline, Gregory, Ranger, Greenman (which is probably only okay going up right now, would not recommend for down), Bear Canyon (no diversion), Mesa, Enchanted Mesa.  A little tired, which is to be expected.  Legs feel okay, and the soreness in the ankles, feet is abating.  10 miles. 

image

So, just another wonderful trip on Green.  Tripped over 900 miles on the year out there somewhere today too.  I am feeling good with getting after a little of the vertical this week.  With some travel later this week, I will get a natural break built in.

Of greater interest was the thought that came to my head somewhere in Bear Canyon that I was having a tough time shaking.  And it was of this magnificent sandwich I was going to create when I got home.  I kept recreating this Dagwood monstrosity over and over all the way back to Chautauqua.  The ride home to Broomstock took what seemed an eternity.  I was not bonking, or even ravenously hungry … I was just very focused on this sandwich.  It was good when I got home.

But before the sandwich, I returned to the Chautauqua lot to find I left the rear hatch of my car completely open.  This is the second time in probably two years where I have done this and the results have been exactly the same:  nothing in the car touched.  I guess that is the security you get with hundreds of people milling about.

Meanwhile, back at the homestead … mmmm.

IMG_0021

7 comments:

  1. Free refills with the special edition GZ mug, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. Consider it policy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, getting after the vert., good to see.

    Maybe nothing was taken from your car, but have you checked to see if anything was added?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, did you leave a Carolla bomb in there JV?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like racking up the vertical/mileage before heading to sea level!

    Looks like you will need some help drinking all that in a few months ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be sad for you to carry that beer burden all by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brew ought to be ready by chainsaw camp.

    ReplyDelete