On an easy jog … heard this, so I caught a bit on the phone. One jogged out for a second, but then saw me and disappeared back into the reeds. Other than that, I knew they were 10 yards in front of me, but I could not see them.
Yeah, we have a lot around here as well (to the point of there being issues - rarely but of a magnitude that it gets a fair amount of press). I hear 'em all the time at night. These were set off by some sirens in the distance (I think).
Sweet video. Coyotes are up there with snakes in the creep factor for me. They just sound so ravenous in a pack like that. They are crazy out at Bandera.
Cool. We have a ton of them around here, but only tend to hear them after dark and rarely see them.
ReplyDeleteYeah, we have a lot around here as well (to the point of there being issues - rarely but of a magnitude that it gets a fair amount of press). I hear 'em all the time at night. These were set off by some sirens in the distance (I think).
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete--I wish all comments had an "edit" button, I'm not that great of an extemporaneous typist. As I was saying:
ReplyDeleteLove it. Coyote vocalizations are so varied and interesting. And it cracks me up when they start up when a siren goes by.
Sweet video. Coyotes are up there with snakes in the creep factor for me. They just sound so ravenous in a pack like that. They are crazy out at Bandera.
ReplyDelete