Kevin - I have to admit, I thought a couple of times ... "okay, this is ONLY Colorado technical!" :-)
HappyTrails - yeah, I am digging the Hokas. Very nice to float the downs with them. The only beef I might have with them is that I'd like a more aggressive tread (although I rarely slip with these as there is SO much surface area), and I think the throat collar can be a bit tighter (I modified the lacing to accomplish that on my own).
He was a good dog and usually did multiple laps per day on Quandary on his own, or with complete strangers. He has even joined us on occasion (in January I think).
Awesome stuff GZ.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are diggin' the high country GZ. Have a blast. It appears the moon shoes have become one with the feet - you like?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteKevin - I have to admit, I thought a couple of times ... "okay, this is ONLY Colorado technical!" :-)
ReplyDeleteHappyTrails - yeah, I am digging the Hokas. Very nice to float the downs with them. The only beef I might have with them is that I'd like a more aggressive tread (although I rarely slip with these as there is SO much surface area), and I think the throat collar can be a bit tighter (I modified the lacing to accomplish that on my own).
Nazzer - yeah, special place for sure.
Did you see any mt. goats? I always see them up there, just lollygagging. Such a pretty climb.
ReplyDeleteInteresting on the Hokas....maybe that'd solve my aching bottoms of my feet problem.
No mountain goats. Yeah - this was my first go up Quandry. It is pretty spectacular run up.
ReplyDeleteFun posts/pics, looks like you had a great week in the mountains.
ReplyDeleteDid you see a yellow lab on Quandary? Not sure if Horton the Quandary Dog is still around...
Nope on the dog. And I thought of that. By the way, that ascent out of the south side has to be pretty damn steep.
ReplyDeleteNice. To answer the question about Horton, sadly he passed away last year:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29538&p=352189&hilit=Horton#p352189
He was a good dog and usually did multiple laps per day on Quandary on his own, or with complete strangers. He has even joined us on occasion (in January I think).
Oh, forgot to nitpick your spelling of Quandary Peak ;).
ReplyDeleteOh crap on the spelling.
ReplyDeleteMore on Horton the dog. http://climbing.about.com/b/2011/04/29/horton-the-quandary-dog-dies-after-a-full-climbing-life.htm
That dog might have had a full year calendar slot grid on Quandary.
Bummer, I was afraid Horton was no longer around, but what a great life while it lasted. I saw him on my summit trip.
ReplyDelete