News stuff – Shalene provides some good insight as to a pro’s view of dopers.
-Strava, love it or hate it.
- I have spent way too much time reading Mitch’s data as of late. (no, wait, there is more) (really I can’t see me putting this sort of thing together)
AM – a little bit of yoga with TZ to wake and start the day. Perhaps the most entertaining part of it all was when our soon to be 17 year old daughter walked into the living room as she awoke and looked at the two of us … rolled her eyes, and said, “What? What? What is this? Why are my parents so out there?” Sorry kid – you live in yer own reality TV show.
Dusk – 10 miles easy. Not physically tired but not hugely motivated today either. Not unmotivated. Just not motivated to get after it.
CPTR looks out for me as I will probably be in Israel at that time.
My advice for Leadville (really the only advice you need). Put a few extra clothes in drop bags, or give to your crew. Show up. Start running. Walk when you get tired. Eat and drink when you get hungry and thirsty. That is really all you need to do…it is supposed to be simple ;-)
ReplyDeleteWhat? What about the hallucinations? Or the teeth sweating? Or the deep insights into your soul?
DeleteNone of that is essential for getting the job done…
DeletePlus you can make up whatever hallucinations you want afterwards. It is not like anyone can provide evidence to the contrary!
More seriously, while that is all there is too it, I need to not be too casual about it or I will be crying like a baby come Fish Hatchery.
DeleteNick's advice is spot on, don't over plan it and thow the split sheet in the trash. Run super easy to Twin Lakes, put a solid effort getting over Hope and back to TL, then keep moving as well as possible back to town. You'll still be crying at Fish Hatchery, but maybe not as much if you pace well.
DeleteWell I meant FH outbound.
DeleteMy point is really that you just shouldn't overthink things. I think that can get you in as much trouble as anything.
DeleteYes, I get that. And more seriously, I also realize that I ran 8.5 on a very easy course for the first 50 and blew up to go 13.5 for the second 50 on as easy a course. If that happens again, I am looking at a two sunrise finish.
Delete