Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday 121415

Met up with MK, Sandrock, Peter H and a few of the other old dogs and ran out of Eldorado on Fowler.  Snowing lightly, and a bit wet.   IMG_2840IMG_2841IMG_2844
The snow got a bit thicker as we got higher.IMG_2848
The Bastille in the background.IMG_2854
MK taking up the top of Goshawk (I think that is the name of it)IMG_2856
The old sea bed with ripples and all. IMG_2857 Great to get out with this group.  They have PRs that blow away nearly everyone I know, but they don’t wear them.  Their times at that time were humble.  They run now to share the some strides together, a laugh, and to crack wise.

Once the group finished, I elected to tack on and ran back to Boulder along the Mesa – looking to get some miles on the somewhat compromised legs (from the 20 yesterday).  17.2 miles on the day.

79.6 on the week.  I guess I would have got 80 but I thought I had it (I miscalculated going into today’s run).  With the travel, a decent week. Not a lot of speed as I struggled to get going in the dark of the AM or the evening, but I managed some fartlek stuff there in Philly.  No strides – I need to get better at that.  And then this weekend was a nice set of back to back longer runs.  I wanted to get a bit of running on tired legs and I got that today … and a bit of vertical.  A few close compadres have thrown at me that my vert this year has been woefully inadequate – and they are right.  I need to pick at that a bit and while today was not epic, it was a step in the right direction.

This afternoon I did something I can say I have never really done … some yoga.  TZ talked me through a few poses and I have to say a.)  I suck at it b.) I can see the benefit it would provide to me c.) it illustrates how weak or inflexible I am in certain areas d.) it was feeling the tightness from the run today (or this week or this life) e.) I am going to see if I can continue at it with her for a bit.

Some other recent pix.
At the HS choir concert.IMG_2837
This was the weather yesterday.IMG_2838
This was post run yesterday
IMG_2839

News stuff – Israel does a pretty good breakdown on the Desert Solstice
-Megan weighs in with a good post on the inequality in mountain running related to funding.
-Lize is offering her book for free!

4 comments:

  1. Nice run. My wife and I did a bit of hiking in that area when we visited in August.
    Crystal Springs looks good.....but Corn Hole must mean something different in CO than it does in PA.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I hear corn hole I just think of Beavis and Butthead.

      Delete
  2. I've found that Bikram/hot yoga is great for recovery, and it's a lovely way to be reminded of how f#@*ing tight your hamstrings are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife legitimately thinks I am faking how tight I am. "Really, you can stretch more than that."

      Delete