Saturday, December 6, 2014

Saturday 120614

Lot of action this weekend … NXN, TFN50, CIM, DII and III XC and various lottery drawings. 

Catching my eye … the Stanford ladies bringing in 6 and 7 at TNF (Shay and Stamps Mallon at TNF) is impressive.  And with Boulet winning it … have the roadie fast types arrived on the women’s side of ultras as well? 

Arguably, TNF this year was its deepest ever.  Lots of performances to consider, but Gellin’s 7:25 at 46 is a bit mind blowing to me.

Okay, Krar had a bad day.  Count me as a guy who find his humanity as a bit satisfying.  That is not gloating but loving the revelations of racing.   And that he gutted it out to the finish.

You think Leadville and their race management is concerning?  Consider Lauren Fleshman’s recent post on the USATF and you might walk away thinking the ultra scene is in pretty good shape (this is the USATF that took 8 months to decide if they messed up DQing the guy who goy 8th place in the indoor 3k).

I will give a hint as to who is in one of my next posts about 25 influence more … consider that Adams got their 3rd consecutive XC title … and who the tradition is behind that. 

Nice video on CO local girl Rainsberger.

Apparently some locals did a self organized 100 miler, with several local peaks in the mix.  Dr. Nick, speak up!

John B got involved with doing Movember with one of the local breweries, Big Choice.
IMG_2798IMG_2801IMG_2800IMG_2804
Anyway, he won.  Free beer for a year!IMG_2805
Best part is he had to renew his driver’s license the other day – so he has to live with the stache shot for five more years.

Afternoon, into dusk – 13 miles, easy to steady (felt more like steady on the ups, and easy on the flats or downs).

While at Big Choice I was kicking around whether I would do another solstice run like last year.  I got a route in mind, as there are some new spots … but I am not sure it is really the best idea.  I have a route in mind, but I am probably not going to push the run unless it comes about. 

4 comments:

  1. I would be interested in this new route you have in mind. I may give it a solo run if no one else is interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been motivated to do this if I hadn't just moved to Minneapolis. I think ima have to do hthis here to learn the local breweries a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just passed thru MSP. Snow and cold ... yeah, it might mean a lot of brewery searches,

      Delete