Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wednesday 121014

AM – tired, and late to rise, but I got out for a short jaunt before heading into the office.  3.2 miles.  The degradation of the weather here has not really happened as predicted.  It is chilly and a little wet but not some sort of epic down pour or big snow …

This is pretty good pacing.  It is gonna cost me some beer.  Only one that is really off is the potty stop after mile 14.

Evening – I was completely unmotivated to get out.  Dark, windy, call a wahmbulance sort of stuff.  But once I got out, I knew it was gonna be okay and even talked myself into getting going for probably the truest fartlek I have done in years.  Just go hard for some distance, recover, repeat.  No real rhyme or reason to the distance or the time.  Just go.  7.3 miles. 

Nope.  Nope. No way.

Apparently this is a representation of my runs on Strava from the past year



That looks about right.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that it's pretty impressive you're averaging 7:52 pace for the entire year. I haven't averaged sub-8 for the year in several years. Good work, GZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably have a third the vertical you do (160k) ... certainly less than I have had in past years. That helps the pace I guess.

    ReplyDelete