Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Thursday 040512

AM- struggle this AM. Runs have been all over the map this time to Israel. Some have been good, but some have been hardly running at all. Chalk this AM to that category.  I had no legs … HR was depressed and I had no inclination to get it.  It sat under 130.  So rather than press here, I cut this run short and early.  5 miles.

Several of the locals that I am working with here just returned from a couple weeks in the US - and the Pacific time zone. They state they are really messed up, and confirmed what I have heard and also experienced: coming east is harder than heading west with jet lag.
 
Some pix from the last couple of days …

My AM runs have been in the dark, pre sunrise.  I found these trees, bent by the sea breeze over years to be rather interesting.  This is about a mile from the actual beach (inland).
P4040045
Passover, a significant Jewish holiday starts at sundown tonight.  The organization I am working with here had a roof top celebration in light of that.  Here are some shots from that, including some views from the top that show you how humid it is (via the haze on the horizon).

P4040061
P4040056
P4040053
P4040062
P4040063   
More shots from various running, along the shore, the rivers.
P4040048
P4040046 
P4020043
P4020041
Guess what this is …
P4040064

No comments:

Post a Comment