Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday 041312

Got together with JV and Brandon in the afternoon for a little peak bagging.  I warned that I was going easy. 

Jeff picked the route, initially defining that we get Green via the “back” way of Bear Canyon.  As we neared the mouth of the canyon, Jeff switched the plan up to heading up Bear to Fern.  I protested, but submitted.  At the top of Bear JV tried to talk us into South Boulder and my protests won this time.  At the three way junction I started heading down but Jeff and Brandon convinced me that actually going over Green was shorter.  And then heading down Green on the front side, they had to stop and wait for me several times.  I ended up developing a blister under the scarring on my left foot.

P4140079

I traveled very carefully down, muttering to myself that I had bit off more than I ought to chew today.  Yes, ought to.  I could chew it, and would chew it … I probably should not have though.

But it was awesome seeing Jeff and Brandon.  I had not seen Brandon since the 100 in October and that is just plain old shameful.

The guys gave me lots of good feedback on things I could consider to improve this Achilles situation.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch. Did that show up because you were avoiding pressure on the Achilles?

    I get a bit of a burn near the base of the heel now and then on steep uphills, but just try to run more flat-footed (i.e. don't lift my heels off the ground). It works. It also works for avoiding PF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, maybe. Or I hit it wrong on a rock. Or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dragging you around in April, but chances are you'll be dragging most of us around in August when it really counts.

    Great to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete