Bib numbers are posted for the PPA, PPM - thanks to the heads up from Craig. Notice that number 1 is not taken for PPM. hmmm.
PM - forgot the Garmin at home. No sweat - hit up Mapmyrun, which actually "sees" most trails today. About 20 clicks later (using follow the road feature works for the trail stuff too), I learned that the Marshall Mesa loop that I had in mind was about 10 miles. Solid run out there in the heat. Felt good about that, even gained a little confidence. Then I saw the Japanese women training out there ... IN FULL LENGTH SWEAT OUTFITS. THAT WERE BLACK.
DAMN.
Got pretty dehydrated on this run. No, wait, that ain't right. I was dehydrated COMING into this run. I need to get on that.
New AT FKT, averaging 46 something miles a day.
JV sent me this video of Lucho working his MTB skills. But be sure to watch this (from Nick) and the local version (from Footfeathers)
For the PPM bib numbers note how the numbers for the top 10 line up with their results from last year. (Boettcher being the exception, Krotscheck got #9 since its women first. :-)
ReplyDeleteThat said, Matt will not normally give himself #1. Last year he was #10, there was no #1. In '09 he was #13, there was no #1. In '08 he was #20, there was no #1.
John - good call. I recognize why Matt gave himself 13, 20, etc - as those were tied to number of wins, etc. Not sure on the 10.
ReplyDeleteI realize he probably would not give himself 1 - but I think if anyone has earned it (as if such a thing really means something) ... well, he is the guy.
Ninja Mondays at Marshall Mesa.
ReplyDeleteI can't watch bikers do flips over dirt.
Jared's video is sick. I would say he's pretty strong on hills ;) Maybe Front Range runners need to stop fooling around and go UP the First Flatiron instead of around it.
There are folks that do that. They are - and I am not making this up - called (CENSORED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT). I'd tell you that they race it by running up the trail to it, scrambling and racing back down. But there is no racing in OSMP space so it never happened.
ReplyDelete