Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday 080611

I forgot to mention last night in the post that the lady bugs are back on the summit of Green Mountain. They are really thick on the trees a bit south of the summit, just to the left of the Ranger path heading down. Pretty amazing stuff if you have not seen it.

AM - 9 miles. A bit tired, and a dog jog, so slow and easy.

Again, much easier to transition back to the west from the east with travel than the other way around. The afternoon was so beautifully ... ordinary. KZ had a friend over and they listened and sang to some really painfully bad bubble gum rock and roll while planning a party for a friend who is moving away. We all went down to the elementary school to find out what class JZ will be in starting next week. KZ cut the lawn. I grilled steaks. We played with the dogs. We made fun of each other in that playful way. TZ and I shared a lemonade with a nice dose of some sweet tea vodka. I got to bed around 9 - forcing myself to stay up for a bit. I didn't sleep incredibly well, but it was really nice to be home.

Really, ordinary is extraordinary.

Not a Dean fan or hater - in any case a decent interview with him over at MarathonTalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment