AM – a bit of a late start but 10 miles. 2 mile warm up, and then 10 x 2 minutes on at 10k effort and 1 minute off (easy easy). This was tough. The last five were slightly uphill so I got a good “wobble” going as I trying to move versus just “grind.”
Tribute article on multi-Ascent winner, and now deceased Jeremy Wright. Not trying to be political, but it wrenches my heart to hear of folks dying over there like this. I will admit this concern is mine has a strong element of it from a personal selfish regard. When I hear the wars over there will take another ten years at least and know what that means in terms of lives lost, I look across the breakfast table and see a kid eating Raisin Bran, reading the back of the cereal box, who will be prime soldier age at that time. I don’t like that at all (to say the least).
Back to regularly scheduled programming …re: the Ascent, RunColo has a bit of a preview.
Decent Fitzgerald article on recovery runs.
Interesting read on Matt Hart’s attempt at the Colorado Trail record attempt.
Last week of bigger volume for me, and then will start to curtail it back a bit. Initially, this will be taking out a some of the fluff miles, but I will still get in the key workouts. Not alone in this.
People at my work have gotten the word I did this burro race thing. They say, “What is a burro race? Why would you want to do that?” When I inform them that next up is rock skipping, they think I am joking that it event is even real. It is real.
PM – 6 miles easy.
Came across this article … 200 miles? Yoiks. Guessing time limits don’t apply?
Cutting and pasting selectively out of context:
ReplyDelete"I don’t like that at all (to say the least)."
and
"Not alone in this."
Indeed.
Good post.
Its depressing. We elected the guy who was supposed to start ramping that stuff down, but no dice.
ReplyDeleteRegarding your son, are you concerned about a potential draft in this long war? Or just the possibility of him serving? I hate politics about as much as I do war (as if there's a difference). More "change" Barak.
ReplyDeleteMy family should be in Canada or the Italian Alps by the time my son reaches age (I can only hope ((for both)). Sure I'm kinda kidding, but change is in the air and having a place in some obscure Alpine village would be very very refreshing. Step one, a new job.
I like Fitz's article. There's a lot of common sense that runs parallel to the science/theory.
As for skipping stones, I like my skills, but the video is a little intimidating.
I am not opposed to serving. In fact, I was in the service (USAF).
ReplyDeleteI am opposed to outliving my kids. I really can't control that I realize but ... well, as a parent, you know.
GZ
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your post and have to admit as a parent I have the same feelings as you do on this one. Ironically, I took my kids to a random pond last week and started skipping rocks with them (not as well as tie dye dude) but it is moments like those, as a parent, that we remember when we get old(er) and hope we did all we could for our children. I cannot stand to see lives wasted.
DQ
I know Tony who's attempting that solo on the wild west relay...it will be interesting to see how he does. He trains with my wife with the boulder running republic group. (although I'm sure if he's doing a marathon a week, its not with the blessing of their coach).
ReplyDeleteThat is Darren, right?
ReplyDelete