Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday 072710

AM – started easy and felt good so I built on it.  First five miles I capped at 150 (max was actually 148 and average was 142) and the miles were clicking at under 7:30.  Ignored HR for the last five and went steady (starting at just around 7 minute pace and then moving a bit under).  10.5 miles.  Not zippy, but I was happy with how it felt.

image

Justin’s burro race write up is over at Running Times.

Found this site – anyonecanenter.com to be interesting.  Next contest appears to be the rock skipping contest.

Racing a 5k tomorrow night.  I think I ought to be able to get under 18, and if I do really well master PR by dipping under 17:30.

This photo from mtnrunner2  is pretty cool.

Hal Walter’s book … ordering today.

Thinking about this 50 (also see Bryon’s update on it)… just may not play well a month after Pikes, but more importantly once we get into the throes of school, fall soccer. (update – I have been notified the race is full … !)

Peter Bawkin’s attempt at the Mosquito – Ten Mile Range traverse.

PM – easy 5.5 with Jayson.  Poor bugger.  I talked his ear off.  We just beat the big thunderstorm though and so that set up for a nice cooling down from the the heat.

Video from Rickey re WS100

3 comments:

  1. Negative split that 5k. Master PR.

    You've been talking about the burro race for while, but still. . .nuts. Very mountain folk- ish. Great stuff.

    I might have a GC run lining up for Nov. A little late in the year, but ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt - Nov. is a bit late. Shorter day light and I'd expect some snow flying at the north rim. Still ... keep me apprised. The Grand Canyon is a holy place on this planet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steamboat 50 is full unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete