AM – easy six miles. AHR = 137, MHR = 148.
Tonight – 5k … a press release? Dang. Kicking around the idea of not running the even pace 5k tonight and just going with a couple of guys (and gals) over my head tonight, fully expecting to pop and fade … just to see how that goes.
I am pretty sure that the competitive entry request window for Pikes has passed. That means, I think that the only folks who are now allowed to enter are former winners. I think the only names that might even be possibilities in that arena are Gutierrez, Burrell, Elliott, maybe a couple others from some marathon wins in the early part of the decade. There is some thought that Carpenter could look to double up, as the PPA is competition rich(er).
Flipped on the tube for a few minutes before going to bed last night and saw Danelle Ballengee on “I Shouldn’t Be Alive.” Still quite a story (podcast regarding it)
Wondering if I can race with this guy next year at Burro Days. 
Nah. We had a good long day together on Sunday. We should be good for a bit.
ReplyDeleteIn a 100 mile race I would say hmmmmmm. But in a 5k, what do you have to lose? Whats the downside, a painful 5-10 minutes?
ReplyDeleteGo for it! Your base is so huge that you can probably afford a slight venture into your master's unknown in terms of pace. Worst case scenario, you back off a bit and your aerobic strength is awesome enough to let you recover.
ReplyDeleteAlso, you've had some killer track sessions. Crush some dreams tonight GZ!
Brett, Dave - thanks! If anything, I probably should have taken it out even harder.
ReplyDelete