AM – 20 miles. Up early and out at it, hoping to beat the heat (fairly successful). Approached this as a “take it as it comes” run – meaning, I’d see how it was going throughout rather be prescriptive about it. I was not sure if I felt great, or horrible … so it was a fair approach. After a “wake up” mile, I settled into sub 8s, high 130s and just rode this for the rest of the run. Caught a part of a bike race up in Anthem around Sheriden, Lowell and so that broke things up nicely.
July – good month. Week so far is 92 miles, with 121 over the last seven days (pretty sure that is an all time high for seven days), 12.5 hours thus far on week. 347 miles on over 53.25 hours in July. 2471 miles over 389.5 hours on the year. July also had three races (BTMR, Burro Run, and the FMCC 5k), and 5 days off because of the river trip. Actually – this was a GREAT month. With 392 in June, and 347 in July, I am at 739 miles – which puts me eleven miles shy of the 750 club for HS summer running (through Sept). Last July was 407 miles – but no vacation!
Great stuff. Mr. Consistency yet the exception to the GZ rule is really helping. Your comment on Luchore: taking a few days off and the negligible affect that has on firness. I have shut-down the hammy for a few days. Makes no sense to scratch and claw for fitness I may not even lose and stay injured. Will end up with 45 min of core work today. Damn i'm bored.
ReplyDeleteJust the sound of 45 minutes of core work makes me queasy.
ReplyDeleteOn their twitter feed, I'm seeing that Tony broke the CR at White River 50 today (6:29). Dakota was 2nd in 6:49.
ReplyDeleteSpeedgoat 50K results anyone?
Also missing USATF 15K Trail Champs results.
Good for Tony, one thousand clams coming his way.
ReplyDeleteAnd Dakota...'Young Money' in the young money, lol.
Here are some of ScottJ's tweets:
ReplyDelete"Shilling won speedgoat 50k in record time, followed by nick Clark 4 minutes back, then Luke Nelson some say the course was faster this year."
"Tony wins white river 50 in 6.25 new CR! Dakota 2nd - 6.49 nice! Crowther 3rd - 6.58, jurek 4th - 7.04, yassine d 5th - 7.06"
Crowther report: http://www.running-blogs.com/crowther/2010/08/satisfaction_defined.html
ReplyDelete