Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday AM 071810

Heading out for the BTMR

I took up Brownie on his very kind offer to allow me to stay at his place in “old Colorado City.”  I’d show you pictures of his inner sanctum, but that would sort of be like showing shots of the Bruce Wayne’s Bat Cave. 

The Brownie-mobile with some stupid hill in the background.P7180022

Thanks again Brownie and Katie for putting me up!  Nick, I am disappointed that you dodged us.  You missed the best session of playing with Barbie and Ken dolls ever.

Oh yeah, apparently Roes is moving to Boulder.   I am pretty certain this means he will be doing Leadville.  Which leads me to believe that Tony will also be doing it, instead of PPM.  And maybe even Jurek?  Hmmm … still the story I will probably be following just as much if not more (over who wins the race) is the post Boston showdown between Brandon and Brownie.

Anyway, off to race.  Legs feel a bit heavy, but it will be what it will be!

11 comments:

  1. I thought Roes said at Ws100 that he was running UTMB for a second showdown against Kilian. Surely he ant race both LT100 and UTMB in the same month?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, as above, both Geoff and Scott J are racing utmb which is on the 27th of Aug. So it would seem best not to race Leadville the weekend before. Probably just want some altitude training for utmb?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say that Karl M is going as well. So there should be a decent US showing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck at BTMR George. This is your race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DOH! Forgot about UTMB. I am in a Colorado state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome having you down here. And great job at the race, I was glad to take you up on your sub 1:50 anti-sandbag portion of the bet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great race! I have no idea why you'd have any doubt at sub 1:50. You run more than anyone I know and have never even approached going over 1:50 there...

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah, like I said, you run more than anyone I know. Consistent big miles, week after week, year after year...
    Besides, I don't know Tony!

    Great executed run today, especially in spite of Brownie's influence pre-run.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tim - thanks on the race. How'd the 50 go? I am hearing a tough finish?

    ReplyDelete