Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday 070110

AM – 10 miles. Easy. Slow. Tired.

Rod Biens WS report.
Long periods at altitude may be detrimental to performance.

PM – 6 miles. 1.5 mile warm up and during it decided to do a 2.5 mile tempo. I wanted to get an idea as to how I would approach the 4th of July 4K I might do this weekend (or maybe this one). Legs felt a bit zapped, probably more from the run in the heat yesterday than I care to admit. 2.5 in 14:36 (or 5:51 pace). 2 mile warm down. Not as quick as I’d like but not surprising I guess (and when is it ever as quick as you like?) I’d like to think that I’d go deeper than 170-175 HR in a race effort, and that I’d have a bit more pop in the legs with a little less miles (61 over the last three days). Sub 14:30 ought to be in the ball park, maybe sub 14 (5:37 pace).

Evening – Rox game.
P7010001 P7010006 P7010009 P7010011 P7010014 P7010015

1 comment:

  1. We are never as fast as we want to be, and we just keep getting older!

    ReplyDelete