I slept incredibly well last night – maybe the best I have all summer.
Mid morning, 5 miles. I had meant to get out earlier before it got too hot. I got wrapped up in the dilly dally of the morning and it was pretty warm when I got out. The heat does not bug me so much for these runs though … I just need to back it down a bit to keep things in check.
Stumbled across this … this guy does cold water swims of a kilometer or more. Real cold. In 2007 he swam open water at the geographic North Pole. That swim froze the tissue in his hands and left his fingers without feeling for four months. It also produced a previously unknown condition involving a urine icicle. "You don't know pain until you've had a stalactite in your cock," Pugh told me, wincing.
God damn.
That hurts just thinking about it...
ReplyDeleteGZ... looks like Geoff Roes is moving to boulder.
ReplyDeletehttp://akrunning.blogspot.com/2010/07/im-moving-to-boulder.html
Could this place be any more of a trail-running mecca?
I'd have to guess that he is going to do Leadville. And if he is, then I bet Tony will too.
ReplyDeleteWhich is a nice step towards setting up for a record attempt.
Leadville and the UTMB are only a week apart. I think Geoff is pretty serious about UTMB this year, so I doubt he'd run Leadville.
ReplyDeleteGood point, I forgot about UTMB.
ReplyDelete