That's a very low HR average. Is that normal? Maybe you felt bad because you didn't get the heart rate up enough? I usually feel bad when I try to run easy.
To your point ... I have definitely observed a few things this season:
1.) my HR for my easy runs is lower, and the pace, compared to last year is a little bit faster.
Arguably, if I just went off HR, I probably could run my easy runs a little faster (bump up the HR), but - generally - I am less interested in pushing my easy runs. While my HR reflects a readiness to go more, I feel my legs often need the break.
That was the case today. I was sluggish in the legs, and really did not feel up for running.
A bigger thought I have though is something I need to research a bit. I think I see that while I am putting in more miles, time running, it appears that the overall measured effort (in terms of total stress score, which is a reflection of HR) is LESS compared to last year. I need to verify that - but I think that is the case. And if it is, I think it means because I am running at a lower HR, I am not working as hard as last year - ALL WHILE PUTTING IN MORE TIME TRAINING.
That's a very low HR average. Is that normal? Maybe you felt bad because you didn't get the heart rate up enough? I usually feel bad when I try to run easy.
ReplyDeleteIt was a slow run and so the HR was low.
ReplyDeleteTo your point ... I have definitely observed a few things this season:
1.) my HR for my easy runs is lower, and the pace, compared to last year is a little bit faster.
Arguably, if I just went off HR, I probably could run my easy runs a little faster (bump up the HR), but - generally - I am less interested in pushing my easy runs. While my HR reflects a readiness to go more, I feel my legs often need the break.
That was the case today. I was sluggish in the legs, and really did not feel up for running.
A bigger thought I have though is something I need to research a bit. I think I see that while I am putting in more miles, time running, it appears that the overall measured effort (in terms of total stress score, which is a reflection of HR) is LESS compared to last year. I need to verify that - but I think that is the case. And if it is, I think it means because I am running at a lower HR, I am not working as hard as last year - ALL WHILE PUTTING IN MORE TIME TRAINING.
Whether that means a thing remains to be seen.
So it's fitting with a race with a ass coming up!
ReplyDeleteIf the shoe fits!
ReplyDelete