Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday 071310

AM – Achilles a little tight.  Not surprising.  It usually does that a bit when I bounce back from time off.  No worries on this, just validating previous insights.  10 miles, with 12 x 200 strides. 

Definitely need to get back on hydration.  I can still feel the effects of 110 degree days in the desert.  Simply, I felt like I could not drink enough (and given we brought all our drinking water with us, it was a challenge).  I expected my weight to go up on this trip a bit too, but it did not at all.  My feet are a bit trashed from a week of being in boat shoes and dealing with all the sand.   Also, found my TSS score stuff, given the down week interesting.  Apparently a week off brought me back to the same CTL (cumulative training load) as I was at the end of May.  I guess there are two (wrong) ways to look at that … one is that a week of rest gives me a month of recovery or a week of rest takes me back a month in fitness.

image

Will post a variety of things through the day as I pick through them.

Marathon Talk interview with Rich Castro of the Boulder Roadrunners.

Helluva finish at Boilermaker.

Got this video tip from Justin.

Gray and Erholtz win the NACAC Mountain Running titles.

Kilian, part 3 of Pyrenees.

Lots of posts regarding Hardrock that I need to work through.  Here is the Denver Post article.  Had no idea it was led by a woman for 90 miles.  Brownie report, great video post from Brett (with a JT cameo) – a video that ought to be pre race briefing as far as I am concerned … many more to drill through.

1 comment:

  1. That is my buddy John Sharp's video. Used to hang with him back in my Austin days. Figured he wouldn't make it after his San Juan DNF, but he hung in there.

    ReplyDelete