Friday, August 20, 2010

New Ascent entrant

Galen Burrell has appeared on the Ascent entry list, P8200081exercising his right to declare late as a former champion at Pikes.  I think there are only three other guys that could still realistically do this for any of the races and that is …

Carpenter (16 wins across the marathon and ascent for Matt and 21 top tens over 23 years) … for the Ascent - which despite the wishes of many I doubt he’d do given he is in the marathon.  I have talked in the past to Matt about the Double and he certainly has a very strong respect for the level of effort it takes.  I don’t expect him to declare.
… 8 time PPA winner Elliott -also doubtful as from what I understand is just getting back from some Achilles issues (p.s. – he also has 8 other top ten finishes) …
… 3 time PPA winner Guiterrez (with two other top tens), also doubtful because I have heard he is recovering from a surgery

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you picked that up!

    G wasn't hiding; he was working 60 hour weeks, and finally had time to enter at Noon today, just before getting on the plane in San Fran to get married in Michigan ... with a quick overnight stop in Colorado!

    Competitive field this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am stoked he will be there!

    ReplyDelete