AM – 7.5 miles. Started easy but I felt good so I started rolling a bit, touching sub 7 occasionally. Right knee has some stiffness but it opens up okay. The blister still looks nasty but it is not an issue with footstrike any longer.
Had to correct some week in review posts because I was apparently stupid with my math.
Great weekend … lots of kids soccer, and gatherings with friends, neighbors every night. Last night headed north to BF’s and shared war stories. Apparently everyone of these guys are more versed in national current events more than me.
Tip of the hat to Brandon – the guy has truly undergone a transformation. We gave him a bit of a hard time as there were pix around the house of him from just 2 years ago and … well, he is a different guy there. He has embraced this lifestyle, and truly shows that anyone that puts their mind to it can do it. It is not just about guys who are naturally skinny and fast.
Was thinking about Randall’s 2:09. Debuting at sub 2:10 at 23. Damn. Eighth best performer on the mountain ever. And I think only one other guy has had a faster debut – and he did that at 30: Waquie (who was there handing out awards by the way). I might be getting ahead of myself, but ya gotta think that if that kid went for it, he could be dancing with 2 hours at some point. But will he come back?
PM 5.5 miles easy with DB from work.
And if you show anyone those pictures you took of me in that fatter form, you will be known as Hang Eight!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.japanprobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/big-sumo.jpg
ReplyDeleteGood to hear you're recovering well from pikes!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tim ... starting to. Last week was pretty slow and light. Today I felt pretty much like a real boy again. While I don't foresee me taking a total zero break, I will probably be low key for a bit.
ReplyDeleteBut maybe a 5k or two.