Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday 082510

Bethany Garner has posted some excellent finish shots from the Marathon. 

After seeing the WMRA results Saturday night, the following thought hit me … what if there was consistently team competition at PPA / PPM?  A little Team Pearl Izumi versus Team Montrail versus Team Fleet Feet?  Scoring based on cumulative times.  Might help the sponsorship game a bit and, well, up the smack talk. 

UTMB this weekend and Geoff got drug tested.  Interesting.  I wonder if there was any drug testing at Pikes?

Hmm … another master in the area thinking about a sub 2:30 Ascent next year. 

I have been reading LT100 reports with a mix of admiration (“Oh, I got to get me some of that!”) and horror (“Oh my!  I will NEVER do that!”).  They take a bit to read … (and I think I have a half dozen left to get through).  Then I read about this 3100 mile race.

PM – easy four miles.  I felt good enough to go for more, but I cut it off.  The blister … hoping to get some good vid in return from Brandon.

8 comments:

  1. I also am tempted by Leadville. Maybe the 50 sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Maybe. Might interfere with my burro racing plans though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blisters stay hidden in my socks. It's too nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought maybe they had leaked onto your socks and melded with the cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just dabbling with the idea georgie. seeing if I can get sparky to bite. I wouldn't do the marathon cause I suck going down but maybe it's time to hit some of this shorter stuff next year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah - the marathon is ridiculously abusive. 2 days ago, I was pretty sure I'd defer to the Ascent if I went down there again. And with that, thoughts of how I could improve and maybe make that list came to mind.

    But it is a long time off. I need to let those thoughts collect a little dust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am oddly fascinated by running injuries but the blood blister definitely passed the squick line. Thanks for the headline on the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to look up squick.

    The pix you and John take are the best.

    ReplyDelete