PPA prediction contest over at RunColo with prizes on the line. More on this later - but the field seems the most stacked that I have ever seen it. And much much deeper than the marathon. I will post over there but I am currently thinking ...
1.) Parr
2.) Haefer
2.) Haefer
3.) Gates
4.) Nichols
5.) Chemweno
6.) Blake
7.) Maksimow
8.) Manning
9.) Randall
10.) Mendoza
Tie Breaker - Kimmel in the Marathon.
Reserve the right to edit if Carpenter shows up ... but the contest shuts down entry the 20th. And arguably, he could enter on the 21st.
Actually when I look at all that ... crikey ... I have no clue. It is a bit of a crap shoot. For example, there was the Eldora 11k. I am liking the way Hafer is racing, but given he has never broken 2:20 in the Ascent, I am having a tough time saying he is the favorite at PPA. Parr has posted where he is comparatively ...
Bernie B continues to amaze me.
Sierra Zinal results - good US representation. Kilian wins of course (his post). Skyrunner write up.
Found this interesting. Apparently to get in the prize money at IM tri's this year, there is a new rule that the finishers behind the winner have to finish within 8% of their time. I guess it helps when the winner waits for five minutes at the line before crossing.
Kraig is a monster that many people don't know about. Anyway, his and Nick's posts and about Longs this summer (and other nearby areas) have planted that itch firmly to where I want to scratch it. Admittedly, I have never done this most nearby 14er. Maybe post Pikes. (or I might just explore more Indian Peaks type stuff)
My beloved free GPS interface software Sporttracks has blown up on me on my primary PC. I can't get it to launch. Not sure why ... more to come.
Apparently Tony is popular enough now to have comics written about him. Anyway, I have yet to see Anton's name on the start list at Pb. The kid from Longmont doing Pb is on the edge as to whether he is falling apart or coming together. Looks like people are dialing in the final runs up there.
Solo attempt at the Wild West Relay.
I am keeping them all guessing.
ReplyDeleteIf you want me to take you up Longs, just ask.
I fully expect that you are going to have more than big buckle day. Refer to video from last fall.
ReplyDeleteI recall. That's about where I hope to fall. Just depends on how I feel I suppose. Won't know till then.
ReplyDeleteMy crystal ball was cloudy before BMTR but now it is clear: Haefer over Parr.
ReplyDeleteI'd move Blake up a few spots. He's good at the longer stuff and spent his graduate year at Adams St. Now I'm bummed that I'll be missing out on all the fun.
ReplyDeleteKevin - did you "un-declare?" Or do you still have an entry?
ReplyDeleteWithdrew today. Haven't run up a mountain in training since the day after Washington. Lots of fun, flatter long runs though. Good luck at PPM.
ReplyDeleteBummer that we won't see you, but understand.
ReplyDelete