Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday 080810

Slept in pretty hard and late today. I don't think I got out of bed until my bladder woke me some time post 8AM.
Got out in the afternoon with JV and Homie. I actually broke out a little early and did some work on the Mesa Trail for about an hour before meeting them over at Green. Going in, I thought I felt pretty good, but then got stung nonetheless on the front side of Green. Got the itch to go after this sometime here - fresh, just to see what's up. 12 miles total.

85 miles on the week, 14.5 hours, and about 14k of vertical. It is probably one of my bigger vertical weeks in a bit - JV made the quip that it was my third bout on Green in a week and so that had to have been a record. In any case, it was a solid week. The mileage fell back a bit, but I probably did not gain any taper leverage here as the time volume was about the same. Good climbing on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday and good turnover on Wednesday, solid tempo on Monday. Even dragged through Capture the Flag last night! Need to start dialing it back a bit this week, and will - if necessary - even take a day off. 93 miles on August, 15.75 hours on the month. 2564 miles on the year and 405.25 hours on the year.

Immediately after the run today, broke down in to Boulder, caught up with KZ at a friends house and she and I went and caught King Lear as part of the Colorado Shakespeare Festival (second play in three days). I liked the comedy of Taming of a Shrew better, but KZ was stoked about the whole thing afterwards.

Well behind on blogs, but I will take that as an outcome of a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment