AM – felt a lot better although the left heel blister is still sensitive. Was not going to run, but I needed to clear my head a bit and it was raining beautifully out – so I got out for an easy 20 minutes, 2 miles.
Triple Crown results are up. Pretty competitive this year.
Didn’t make the cut for this video, as I was 13th to the top on marathon day. Pretty cool to see these guys up there and it gives you a bit of a clue as to how windy it was.
Pikes MarathonFoto pix are up.
PM – 4 easy miles. Some soreness in there but maybe a 3/4 drop what it was yesterday. The blister on the heel is still pretty sensitive, but it is actually easier and less painful to run on it then walk on it.
Slacker.
ReplyDeleteI'll drink to that.
ReplyDeleteSweet header pic! Where was that?
ReplyDeleteOutside of Fairplay up by the compound. Lots of beautiful bristlecones up there. There is a place called Windy Ridge where the trees are estimated near a thousand years old.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/585070/windy-ridge.html
Admittedly, I took your cue ... it is time to relax.
I am LOVING not having anything in the immediate future. No alarm clocks or needing to drink anything other than IPA (you can live on IPA right?). No eating like a monk. I know soon though that all of those things will come a calling again.
ReplyDeleteYeah - I got home last night and said, "Torpedos away" and thought of you as I enjoyed the Sierra Nevada goodness.
ReplyDeleteOf course I was enjoying that before too. Now I can enjoy them though and have 3 extra. And a shot of gin.
"3 extra. And a shot of gin."
ReplyDeleteCue the clouds parting with a hymn of angels..
Great pic, indeed.
ReplyDeleteWe have some bristle cones in CA.
A storied spot is at the edge of Death Valley. Lots a weird shit up there: Whitney (highpoint) and DV (lowpoint) a few hundred miles apart. Plus the bristle cones? God must have been throwing back some ipa when all that went down.
I'm so pleased with the ipa intake getting bantered about! You guys deserve your (un)fair share.
Gin? Now you're off the chain!
Matt - I know that spot. If you do the 7 mile, 3000' climb up Telescope Peak (over 11,000') in Death Valley you look straight donw into Badwater Basin. Then do about a 180 degree turn and look over at Mt. Whitney. Amazing - should be on everyone's to do list.
ReplyDeleteThree more weeks and I'm joining you two in the IPA and gin club. When's the end of season party? Beer mile?
ReplyDeleteGreat report! You rocked it Sunday! I felt very defeated that day, but that feeling has since passed. I have run the PPM 5 times now and will be better prepared next time! Congrats on your great race!
ReplyDeleteWhat's next for you after some well deserved rest? Have you run road marathons? I don't remember you ever mentioning any.
ReplyDeleteNick - whenever we have such a beer mile, I will not announce it, it will not be a race, there will be no impact to open space and no one will be tied up to a tree and left in the woods over night.
ReplyDeleteJim - isn't it amazing how TWO days can change your perspective on it?
Brad - I have no idea what is next. Right now I am just recovering and letting my gimp foot heal up. As always, though, I do want to do it all ... a mile, an ultra, some silly arse run ...
except a road marathon. I don't find that greatly enticing for some reason. I have a neighbor who wants to get a BQ though and I might do one to help him with that.
I am all for an end of the year beer mile show down. Denver vs. Boulder vs. Ft. Collins. We just have to find a track centrally located that does not mind us puking.
ReplyDeleteTrack?!
ReplyDeleteNo ... we were thinking a mile up a mountain trail!
At least the barf will feed the woodland creatures and not just be some gross slippery heap on a track. I'll help time it.
ReplyDelete