70 miles on the week, 10.25 hours and about 7.5 k of vertical. Decent week, but the fall on Thursday has put me into a bit of a spin. The loss of skin is no big deal, although annoying. My hip is bruised but recovering fine. I am actually most concerned about my left foot, as there may be a couple of fractures in the toes (of the four that are there), and most concerning possibly in the foot itself. I really can't tell. I was encouraged with today's run to start and wandered out a bit but then it started to bark some.
Good week for a taper I guess. I can honestly say that I refuse to become aggravated or disappointed about this. It is what it is, and I have too many wonderful gifts in my life to have this keep me from smiling. I need to face the reality that this could unwind the whole race for me. That would be unfortunate, but it does not change reality of what is and what is really important. That said, I am still optimistic that this will resolve just fine over the next week and I will bring the A game to the line on Sunday.
163 miles on August, 26 hours on the month, 2634 miles on the year and 415.5 hours on the year.
The other race that is occurring next weekend, umm that is other than Pikes or Leadville is TransRockies. Good preview by JM.
A little write up re: UTMB from Karl. Hmm ... still no Tony on the Pb entry list. Does he end up in Europe?
Highgear Highgear is sponsoring Anton Krupicka at Leadville 100 this weekend and he's going for the course record! Tony loves his Axio Max altimeter watch for training and racing. Go Tony Go!
ReplyDeleteThis was pulled from Highgear's Facebook page.
Nice catch MtUnpaved. Thanks.
ReplyDelete