Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August wrap

285 miles on August, 43.75 hours on the month, 2756 miles on the year and 433.25 hours on the year.  If memory serves me, this is my first month this year under 300 miles. 

With 347 miles in July, and 392 in June – I end up at 1024 miles for the “summer.”  I guess if I really wanted to continue the HS summer tradition, I’d would have do the three mile race tomorrow (practice always started the Wednesday before school, which started the Wednesday after Labor Day).  This foot race was for coach to see who had done the summer work or not.

‘Course that never really worked out, and positions changed quite a bit over the season.

In any case, while a part of me thinks I ought to be taking time off, I am really not compelled to.  I enjoy getting out there for runs, and this time of year is some of my favorite.  So … time to run.   Not sure if I get 4000 … that is about 10 a day for the rest of the year.

3 comments:

  1. I'll wager you hit over 4,000 for the year. The mere fact that you mention it tells me it's a done deal. It's simple literary theory. Mention something and it calls it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, it works in reverse when someone else says it. Now I'll be crawling across the line just under the cut off at 35:59:59.

    Scott Jaime has a good shot at the win. I'd love to see him have a great race.

    ReplyDelete