Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday 112910

AM – 12 miles.  Headed out towards Superior and back.  I have this idea that next spring, summer I will do a run to South Boulder Peak and back from my house.  I am not sure how far that it, but it would be pretty long (for me).  In any case, I am starting to do the looking around on this so that I run as few miles as possible (which is a bit counter to the general objective), and keep as much of it on dirt, trail as well.  Poked around through the north end of the Flatirons Mall and into west Superior.

It was one of those days where it was chilly and gray.  Enough to keep the snot flowing from the nose in what almost seemed like a constant seep.  But then cold enough that the wind and the chill would bite at it so your nose was all raw at the end of the run.  I need to callous up for the winter.

Training picture since May …

image

5 comments:

  1. Are you going to provide "us" a space for NF50 prognostication?

    And since you have a few top 5ers in your neck of the woods, feel free (anyone) to provide updates/rumors.

    I read Justin's write-up and may give that another glance.

    It's the Clash of the Titans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin's Running Times article is where it at. I think Bryon Powell posted some stuff too.

    The depth of the race is hyper sick. Really, this is the sort of race that a Leadville or a WS should be trying to get.

    As I have said before, picking ultras is crazy hard because of the so much that can happen. That said, I threw this pick set into the ring for a few of us that are involved in a friendly wager.

    Roes
    Steidl
    Krupicka
    Dakota
    Wyatt
    Mackey

    It seems insane for me to pick Roes over Steidl since we saw that contest last year, and maybe even more nuts to pick anyone over Wyatt.

    Ought to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, throw a blanket over them. Uli can say he has beaten Matt Carpenter and Geoff Roes. Just think about that one.

    I think the key will be who some of the newer top guys are running with - will someone get off course and a whole train will follow them? In a race this competitive, even a few minutes off and you're done. It seems many of the top folks get off course at some point every year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out the new Mayhoffer-Singletree trail. It's a nicely contoured singletrack that connects the west edge of old-town Superior to the eastern end of the Marshall Mesa trails. Almost completes the 'dirty-bismark' loop, eliminating a few road miles on W Coal Creek Drive and 66th st or on Marshall Drive. Along with the Coal Creek trail, there is now almost continuous singletrack from 120th st west to Boulder Mtn Parks - don't know whether or not this all fits with your SB Peak route...

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have your order reversed ;)

    That run from superior up SoBo peak would be fun. Keep me in the loop..

    ReplyDelete