Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday 110910

Whoa!  Denver course long!  This gives John, the guy I paced a new time of 3:30:54 – which means he got his BQ!

PM – I probably should have not slept in (but it was mighty fine sleeping) and got out this AM.  Instead, with the snow blowing in, I did some get back to the mill work.  10 miles, with six half mile pick ups sub six. 1.5 percent grade.  Mill did not feel to foreign, and the pace at sub six – similar to outdoors at current, was a bit of work.  Not quite the 5k sort of stuff I want to get to still. 

Also did some weight work since I was in the gym.   Nothing epic but enough to make me feel crappy.  That woozy feeling.  Need to get back to this so I don’t feel that way.

And while I am at it, I probably need to break from brew, liquor for a bit.  I am definitely in a habit … couple of beers at least a night and I need to get away from that … as a habit.

I’d post about Haile really not retiring but it is a bit hard for me to focus on that since we are doing missile firings that nobody can speak to.

JZ leading his parent teacher conference.

PB090135

14 comments:

  1. he was less interested in actually doing Boston than just getting the satisfaction of saying he qualified for it.

    Good thing I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to him, and glad for him that he's cool with the BQ part more than the B part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did they give everyone a new official time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah - in the marathon they did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep they changed my time. Old time 3:01:53 new time 3:01:12. Not a big deal for me still didn't break 3 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did the Fresno Marathon on Sunday and registered 26.62 on my Garmin. I'm pretty sure that I didn't run that much extra. Hopefully they'll reconsider and recalibrate the times like Denver.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've noticed that you do most, if not all, of your mill running at home at 1.5% grade. What's the reason for putting a little grade in there?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Generally, since you are not moving air, there needs to be a bit more resistance to better emulate running outdoors. I find 1.5 is about that for equivalent pace - effort. I can actually get better at the mill and need to up this grade.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For 5k/10k speedwork would it be better to leave the grade at zero and move a little faster?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have done some of that some times. Sort of like down hill repeats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What kind of weight workout do you do? Need to start that up again.

    Beer is a good habit to have. It's good for you. But if you want to give it up, I can take any extra alcohol off your hands.

    You just know a gaffe like that could only be pulled off by the Air Force!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Weights yesterday were some of the typical things on a circuit. Lat pull downs, bi curls, tri extensions, some presses, some shoulder flys. I added - for the first time probably since I was in the service, quad extensions and ham curls. Nothing specific overall as much as working my way around the gym. Need to establish a habit.

    I will still drink beer but I can see how I could easily make this a problem. A beer a night becomes 2. Then three. Then four. Every night. I need to curtail a bit. At least to better enjoy this home brew.

    And I am guessing the Navy.

    ReplyDelete