Sunday, November 7, 2010

Saturday 110710

Mid day – 10 miles with four by a mile, on a 3/4 mile recovery … “hard.”   Or maybe “thrashing.”  Or making it look hard when it is really not fast?  Just a couple/few seconds under six on the miles, rolling roads and – most important – trainers. 

Not a bad workout, but not a good one for sure.  I continue to remain a bit irked at the fact that I can run this pace or faster for half marathon or five kilometer efforts, but have to work for that in a workout.  I know why actually and I am just a bit too stubborn to change that right now.  Anyway, did some drills and actually incorporated some of the dreaded squats as well.

4 comments:

  1. So what's your thoughts on why the workouts are so hard versus the races? I think that is true for most. I race usually much better than what my workouts would predict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, seems like most people (not named Lucho ;) "rise up" or just perform better during a race (adrenaline?). Seems like you're doing solid work (the varied paces, pull-ups, drills, etc.) with that GZ-consistency.

    No worries.

    It's SD Beer Week (just kicked-off). Getting the wife out for some fun tasting. Meeting my friend for a beer tomorrow, who is just returning from R2R2R. What trail did you run, mileage, time elapsed for you all? His was 50 miles, 15 hours. ..not sure his route but I want to compare the two. It's on my to-do-soon! list.

    Off for a hike with the boy. ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. My workouts are almost always crap compared to my races. Wasn't that way in high school and college, but it's definitely true now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I will cover this more in my post on Sunday.

    It really is a matter of focus and sacrificing certain types of runs for other types.

    ReplyDelete