Good article by Beck. He writes well. I agree with this: "The Africans aren’t going to yield their stranglehold on this event, probably not ever. Whether it’s mostly genes or mostly environment or mostly aliens from Altair Six doesn’t matter, so unbeatable are they as a bunch."
Tim - if guys really blow up, she could land top five?
Jesse - yeah, Beck is pretty good. The Altair Six comment had me cracking up.
But I have wondered, if there is such an advantage to being from that tribe in Kenyan (Kaelajin?), how come the women do not dominate as much? Or at least not as much as the men do?
I'll change my prediction... 8:55 and 13th over-all. Zero chance of a top 5 OA. That would take a world record. I've raced the race and the run is hilly.
8th. In 8:49.
ReplyDeleteGood article by Beck. He writes well. I agree with this: "The Africans aren’t going to yield their stranglehold on this event, probably not ever. Whether it’s mostly genes or mostly environment or mostly aliens from Altair Six doesn’t matter, so unbeatable are they as a bunch."
ReplyDeleteTim - if guys really blow up, she could land top five?
ReplyDeleteJesse - yeah, Beck is pretty good. The Altair Six comment had me cracking up.
But I have wondered, if there is such an advantage to being from that tribe in Kenyan (Kaelajin?), how come the women do not dominate as much? Or at least not as much as the men do?
I'll change my prediction... 8:55 and 13th over-all. Zero chance of a top 5 OA. That would take a world record. I've raced the race and the run is hilly.
ReplyDelete