Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekend

Off to Cork this weekend.  First there was the travel.  Not a big international traveler until the last year or so, so I find it rather new and “eventful.” 
IMG-20120519-00096
Got into Cork, had a Guinness, and some fish and chips.  I then took a Melatonin and got to bed.  My strategy of staying up as much as I could during the travel, followed by crashing when I get to the end point seemed to work again.  It may not be the most healthy, but it seems to help me convert the best while I am here.
P5190020|
got out in the AM for a run.  By the way – given the northern latitude the sun goes down late (9:30) and is up early (5:30).  Pretty wild. P5200085
P5190043 P5190042
P5190041 P5190040 P5190039 P5190038 P5190037 P5190036 P5190035 P5190034 P5190033 P5190032 P5190031 P5190029     P5190024P5190022P5190021 P5200093 P5200080 P5200079 P5200075 P5200068  P5200061 P5200057 P5200100 P5200099 P5200096
P5200091
P5190027

8 comments:

  1. You always take good shots to capture the feel and personality of where you are. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great stuff. That place is OLD!

    Tip: go in every church you can. Well, maybe not all sweaty in running shorts, but otherwise. Always fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all.

    Mtnrunner2 ... I am pretty much always in sweaty running shorts when I take these pix so church entry is out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pictures! Such a different place than your last in Dubai, huh? :) This place is high on my list to visit someday....do they have a marathon, by chance? Haha.

    The castle pic is the coolest! Enjoy your visit and I hope you have lots more great pictures to share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill - yes a bit different than the Middle East for sure. And yup ... they have a marathon: http://www.corkcitymarathon.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet another reminder of what a young country the U.S. of A is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics, George. Funny, when I take pictures while running, it is all within a city block.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete