I was looking at the Black Canyon Ascent results. Top three: Randall, Gutierrez, Parr. Hmmm. What do they all have in common? They have all won the Pikes Peak Ascent.
Got to wonder if 6th place finisher will also have that on his resume someday. In that case, I am talking about 11yo Tyler Scholl.
11 years old? Holy crap... and it's not like he was WAY behind either. 3:00 behind Parr is all.
ReplyDeleteKid has some cred: http://eliterunning.us/Tyler.htm
ReplyDeleteGlad he's not in our AG... That is scary.
ReplyDeleteHave you ever seen that kid race? It's just incredible to watch him run. He enters a lot of the smaller local races in town. And to make matters worse :), his parents are about the nicest people you'll ever meet.
ReplyDeleteI have not seen him race. But his results are impressive for sure (and particularly easy for me to put into context as I have an athletic 11 year old son who could not come close to those times).
ReplyDeleteIt seems that the standard question is if it is too much for this kid at this age. I dismiss that question though assuming the kid is not being pushed and he is pushing himself. A better question might actually be why we don't have more kids doing this.
48 races between 1/1/11 and 1/1/12.
ReplyDelete