Good memories from Tim L.
Apparently you can’t race on open space unless it is convenient.
New brew pub in Broomfield.
Good news: OSMP is recommending that the pilot parking fee program is eliminated. Bad news: they are considering closing a good amount of the OSMP to visitors in night hours.
I’d attend this on burro racing, but I am going to be out of town.
Read this good article on urban coyote interactions. That helped me ignore a bunch of race results.
JZ went camping with his school. I lent him the digital camera. The camera works fine but he took about 30 shots of this. Seriously. 30 shots.
Friday, May 4, 2012
Friday 050412 Daddy got some new shoes.
These showed up in the evening. Thanks to all who gave me the “like” in the TalkUltra photo contest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
UFO? Blobsquatch? El Chupacabra? What is it???
ReplyDeleteNice kicks!
ReplyDeleteWhen it is convenient, a politician or official will easily talk out of both sides of his/her mouth.
Laughing at the sky pics...aren't you glad they're digital photos and you didn't have to pay to develop those? :)
ReplyDeleteHope the new shoes are the magical Achilles cure!
Man, I'm drawing a blank on what shoes those are, I don't think I've ever seen them.
ReplyDeleteCoyotes: not one to put animals over humans, but that made me cringe. Seems like the problem is when you have public land (where wildlife flourishes) next to ranches. And the solution is not "if you don't like X, move somewhere else".
As usual JT will beat me to the new pub.
So...you are just going to say you got some Hokas without any comment on what you think?
ReplyDeleteDo you happen to know if the new brewery is going to distribute? Wasn't clear in the article, so I assume it may just be a taproom/to go place.
Andy - yeah, no kidding. JZ was blushing as when I asked him what he was taking pix of, he thought he had taken shots of deer.
ReplyDeleteHappyTrails - more than anything ... money talks.
Jill - yeah the digital camera is a gift these kids have no idea about. Remember when all 12 of those shots were precious?
Jeff - Hoka Bondis. Let me know when you are in the hood and we will hit the pub.
Nick - I am not sure that this microbrewery is going to survive given how it is off the beaten path. Maybe when the 120th extension goes in.
As far as the shoes, I have only done two easy road runs in them. They feel fine. That is about the best endorsement I can give to shoes. Still to be tested on the trail when an ankle roll might make them way too dangerous.
The heck with the shoes. I'm digging those jean shorts.
ReplyDeleteDaddy has an image to maintain.
ReplyDeleteI have been told that they are stable in that sense because of the wide platform/base which makes them pretty hard to roll over. That being said I do know at least one person who said they would never run in them again after seriously hurting their ankle after rolling it in Hokas...it is a long way to go so you can definitely do some serious damage if you do roll an ankle. That is definitely something that I would be pretty cautious of myself.
ReplyDelete