Magill runs 15:11 at the age of 50. Impressive but a 26 second drop off from last year.
JV went sub 40 on the middle route on Green. Over 3 minutes fast than my best there. A masters guy to watch at PPM this year in my opinion.
Jumbotrons are impacting races.
Born to stroll. I sort of like that.
Racing this spring has been pretty hot, but this looks to be the next big race. I actually think this is the best pre race analysis.
Got in some downhill trail yesterday in the LTDs. Yes, I have decided to call the Hokas, LTDs. Why? The Ford LTD (from 1974) was my first car. It was huge. Land boat huge. Got 7 miles to the gallon. About the number of miles I run per hour. It was yellow. So are these shoes.
In any case, I was impressed with how they held from a traction perspective and how cushy they felt on the down. I might have been biased as I was thinking about it a lot, but … they felt good. However, I guess you better wear socks in them, as evidenced by this shot of Dave M at Miwok. Ouch.
Of course, he won.
Rant for the day: why do we make a rest room hands free (auto flush of the toilet, soap auto dispensed at the sink, water at sink auto turned on, paper towels auto fed) when I then have to grab the door handle on the way out.
To answer your rant: To make retarded germaphobes rant. (and, I thought the auto-dispense stuff was to save on waste under the cover of being more sterile)
ReplyDeleteI am hardly a germaphobe. It just seemed stupid to me. But your waste thought is probably spot on. Along with the retard part. Well played.
ReplyDeleteHey, can we call you "crash?"
You can call me anything but late for dinner. ;) (as long as it's sugar/carb free)
Deletegrab the door with the towel you used to dry your hands then practice your basketball skills.
ReplyDeletebut you're right, it should be a push to walk out, pull to walk in.
ReplyDeleteYes, I do that pretty frequently and have actually taught my son the same.
ReplyDeleteI can't look at that Mackey pic without grimacing. Ouch!
ReplyDeleteWell, why do so many guys not wash their hands after using the bathroom? Think about that next time you shake hands.
ReplyDeleteFor that matter, have you noticed there's a spitting epidemic? And I don't mean during athletic activity.
Hokas as LTDs - Lol. My grandpa drove an LTD like a bat of hell his entire life. Which is how he made it from Longmont to Indiana (where we lived) in one day.
Hoka appears to need to do something about the heels, that's not the first carnage I've heard about. You may be able to take some vice grips and fold them back, I've done that before on other shoes.
DIA has the solution...no doors on the restrooms
ReplyDeleteIf I were a big germaphobe I would not want to be a mid to back of the packer in any ultra. Can't imagine how many dirty hands have been through that food. And then there is the double-dipping in vaseline....
The no door solution is all that is needed.
ReplyDeleteThey don't do the push to walk out for safety reasons (likely hood of someone walking by being unaware being hit is more than someone walking in/out who's 'expecting' the door to open). Quite sure there are some B.S. building codes and OSHA regulations that cover this too. I remember there being something about a fire/backdraft thing too...but could be confusing it.
ReplyDeleteI had a girl give me crap about not washing my hands after taking a leak once...I said if what I'm touching is that dirty, she should be brushing her teeth waaaay more often...ZING!
I just leak hands free.
ReplyDelete